Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life is miracle!

Mr. Le Van Thu (right), my classmate in Hue University and also in Quoc Hoc High School went to the U.S. on the IV program thanks to Angela's nomination. He shows me this picture!
The man, who sits next to him, is Phan Ung Man. Man is also our classmate. Mr. Man escaped Vietnam after graduation in 1981. Now, he is a staff of the U.S. Trade Mark and Patent Office in DC. He married with the daughter of Professor Chu Pham Ngoc Son, who is very well-known in Ho Chi Minh City. As you see his house, Mr. Man now has a comfortable life in the U.S. I did go to DC but did not know that Mr. Man was there in 2004.
But here is another mystery. When I was in DC, a staff of the Library of Congress came to visit me and gave me a chance to visit her home in Virginia near by. Mr. and Mrs. Lien Huong Fiedler asked me to stay one night at her home. The reason was strange to every Vietnamese: to see a dear coming to her garden at night. That night I fell asleep. However, next morning, we almost were about hitting a dear on the way back DC. We stopped by the restaurant, "The Tastes of Vietnam" for lunch. Do you believe? A Vietnamese came to see me and greeted with my name. Mr. Le, who immigrated to the U.S., was also the former colleague of mine working in Ho Chi Minh City.

No comments:

Post a Comment