Thursday, July 08, 2004

Secrets in DC

My colleagues and I were very excited about America. Remember, we have been working for American Embassies and Consulates for at least five years! Why? If you take time to view my blog, you certainly can see many stories that I learnt from my trip to the U.S. One thing I need to tell you is that you must keep patience because I must do my work daily and will not give you my promise when I post my stories. Well, here is the first secret! Do you know that Abraham Lincohn statue has two faces? When you see his statue from the front of his monument, you will see his true face. If you see him from the left or right of the statue, you will see the other face behind his head! How does it look like? It looks like your face, my face and anyone face. The implication is that althought Abraham Lincohn freed slaves, saved American democracy, many people saw his decision was wrong. Sometimes in our life, we may encounter this problem. So, don't be sad, my friends. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment